Friday, September 30, 2011

Week 7: Faithful

     As if I needed one more book to read at the moment, Janet Fox's Faithful fell into my hands today. Oh, books, how you distract me from the rest of my life...
     I am borrowing this novel from Lisa Zuerlein, an English teacher that I have been observing for the last three years. She highly reccomended it, so I am excited to see what it is about! So far, I have been introduced to a 16 year old girl named Maggie. She lives in Newport in the early 1900's. Her mother has dissapeard for a reason unknown to me yet. Her father has asked her to head west to possibly find her mother. As of chapter one, Maggie is interested in a young man named Edward; however, the reader is given the information that she will meet another man named Tom Rowland who will make her question what she really wants. Sounds interesting!
     On another note, I am making my way through Al Capone Does My Shirts. Moose and his family have just sent his sister off to her 'special school.' I like that the novel is written through Moose's perspective; the reader can see his changing emotions on his autistic sister. I am not very far in this book yet, but I hope to have it finished by the middle of next week.
     Something Blue is still keeping my attention. I have got a little further in this novel since my previous post. It appears that Marcus and Darcy's relationship will be ending very soon. She just celebrated her 30th birthday, so now she is questioning all aspects of her life. I sense a major shift in the book very soon.
     Unfortunatley, Crazy Love has been placed on the back burner for a while. I try to read a little out of this book each week because I really do love it and find it so interesting, but I just get so caught up in everything else. I should work on that.
     Well, I really should stop blogging now with all of this reading piling up!
Until next time (hopefully with a finished book),

No comments:

Post a Comment