Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Great Gatsby

     I read The Great Gatsby today for the first time, and I'm not sure what to say about it. I've done some background research and have learned about some of the themes, underlying message, and symbolism  -- and for those things I can appreciate the book. However, I wouldn't say that I absolutely loved the book. I did find myself attaching to the characters rather well. At first I thought Gatsby was some crazy, stalker man, and then I felt bad for him at the end. I also thought that I liked Daisy at the begininng but then found myself not really liking her at all. I thought that the characters were really well developed. I guess I just found following some of the events to be difficult to follow -- that could have been because I read it quickly in just a few hours. Either way, I'm happy to say I've read another American classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment