Monday, August 29, 2011

Week 2: Pride & Prejudice

     I am finally reading Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It seems as if every person in the world has either read the book or watched the movie based on the book besides me. At last, I am working on both! So far, I have been introduced to many characters: the Bennett family, the Bingleys, and of course, Mr. Darcy. The book itself is taking a little longer to read than The Giver because of the classical syntax. However, I am enjoying and understanding it. As mentioned, there are many characters to follow in the book, but I think I'll get a better knowledge of them as I keep reading.  
     I just started the movie that came out in 2005, starring Keira Knightley, last night. I'm watching this for a few reasons. The movie is helping me get a picture in my mind of the characters and setting. I am also seeing how different the movie and book are from each other, which so far I have noticed that the movie does not contain certain characters that are in the book (Mr. Bingley's many sisters).
     Anyway, that is my update for now; check back later for even more exciting details!
Read last Thursday for 30 minutes & today for 45 Total -- 75 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment