Sunday, September 4, 2011

Week 2: To Kill a Mockingbird

     Okay, I have had a change of plans. I have been wanting to read To Kill a Mockingbird for over a year now. Why didn't I just start that before Pride and Prejudice? Good question. Although, my answer is that I had to actually go out and buy To Kill a Mockingbird. I have enjoyed Pride and Prejudice up to the point that I was, but I kept being distracted by how much I wanted to read this new book.
     That all being said, I have begun reading Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird. I previously read this as an 8th grader, but I cannot remember much of it other than how much I enjoyed it back then. I'm excited to finish reading this; my plan is to have it finished by next Sunday.
     I've had quite a bit of homework to complete this week, so the time I have had to read has diminished a little bit. Hopefully that changes with my day off for Labor Day tomorrow! :)
Read for 30 Minutes today Total -- 105 minutes


1 comment:

  1. You are reading some good stuff! I have Water for Elephants on my reading list, too! My mom loved it. The Giver does have a downer tone to it, but I love this book for 6th graders on up. Like you, I wouldn't want a world without pain; for me, I learn the most when things go wrong. Pain is part of that. I haven't read Pride and Prejudice or To Kill a Mockingbird since high school. I hardly remember what either is about. I am hoping your blog will refresh my memory. You are off to an excellent start with your reading and blogging. You are an excellent blogger, by the way!

    ReplyDelete