Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Crazy Love.

     So, tonight I began reading Crazy Love by Francis Chan and it is so unbelieveably amazing that I could not help but blog about it! It is all about discovering who God really is. Most of our world has the wrong perception of God and how he feels about us. I can relate. Many times I treat God as if He is something to pray to when I want to thank Him or need something. I know that He desires a relationship with us, but when my perspective is all wrong, this becomes difficult.
     I read tonight about all of the complexities of the universe. The goal of the night was to "stop and think," as Chan puts it. It is so amazing how creative God is. Anything from all of the galaxies to our human bodies, His awesome design can be seen. The fact that plants take in the carbon dioxcide that is poisonous to us yet give off the oxygen that we need is unfathomable. If something that simple does not make a person believe in God, I don't know what will.
     I don't want to miss the purpose of this life. A quote that stuck out to me tonight was when thinking about why God would create such a gigantic universe and so many galaxies, maybe it was to make us say "Wow, God is unfathomably big," or "Who do I think I am? (Chan)" So many times I get so caught up in my own little world and all of its problems, that I forget the bigger and better picture of things-- God put me here to love me, and all He wants is my love in return. So amazing. (I feel like I keep repeating some of the same words, but I have a lot of emotions right now!)
     This book is, also, interactive. Chan gives you links to visit on the internet that go along with the reading. This is very effective. I cannot wait to keep reading and discovering more and more of God. I highly recommend this to EVERYONE!
Read for about 20 minutes Total -- 65 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment