Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Week 4: A Wrinkle in Time

     I am now starting the novel A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I began yesterday and am into chapter three. I can already tell that it is going to be different than what I am used to. There are many fantasy elements in it. This is quite different than To Kill a Mockingbird (which I absolutely loved, by the way. New favorite book.)
     A Wrinkle in Time, so far, is about a young girl named Meg and her little brother, Charles Wallace. They are both very intelligent, and Charles Wallace possesses an uncanny power to almost read minds. Their parents are scientists, which explains why their father is missing. He has been experimenting with time travel. A strange neighbor lady comes and visits on a stormy night and tells the mother that the "tesseract" is real. I have yet to find out what this means.
     I have a feeling this book is about to take off on some mysterious, wild adventure.
     I'll make sure to send a postcard :)
Read for 45 minutes yesterday Total -- 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment