Friday, September 16, 2011

Something Blue.

     I have also started reading Something Blue by Emily Giffin. This book is a sequel to her earlier book, Something Borrowed, which has now been turned into a movie. There is also talk of Something Blue coming to theatres soon, so be aware! I never read the first book, but after seeing the movie and being encouraged by a friend, I really wanted to start reading the sequel. It picks up right where the movie ends and is written through the eyes of a woman named Darcy. Her best friend, Rachel, stole her fiance who Darcy was cheating on anyway with her fiance's friend, Marcus. Darcy ends up pregnant by Marcus and is now trying to figure out her next moves. Quite dramatic, right? I'm enjoying it because it is different than all of these young adult books I have been reading (not that I haven't enjoyed those, either)! We'll see what happens. We'll also see if I can keep up with reading three books at the same time in the middle of all of my classes! Ahhh!
Read this book for 30 minutes Total -- 95 minutes

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I'll try to comment on everything...
    I must reread To Kill a Mockingbird. You need to hold me accountable for this.
    I want your thoughts on A Wrinkle in Time. I'll share mine after you share yours!
    Like you, I believe nature is the most obvious sign that we have a creator who is all-knowing, omnipotent and loving. Our earth screams this! Just wait (although please do) until you have baby. Nothing made my faith stronger than that.
    I tend to like Ms. Griffiths. I may need to add this to my reading list, but I will wait and see what you write. You are finishing all of these books, right?
    Love your blog - I hope you keep it up when you are finished with my class. This is the kind of thing parents, students, and future employers will love. Jessica Johnson still uses hers, and I follow it! Let me know if you don't follow her and I will give you her "name".

    ReplyDelete